Kellie-the-vegetarian’s Wholemeal Banana Pancakes Recipe
Serves: 2 (Makes about 4 small pancakes)
1 large banana
3/4 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
3/4 cup soy milk
1 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tablespoon organic honey
Olive oil cooking spray
Organic pure maple syrup- to serve
1 medium banana and other fresh fruit (extra- to serve)
- Combine soy milk and vinegar in a measuring jug and allow to stand for 5-10 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl sift flour, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Add egg, vanilla and honey to milk mixture. Whisk to combine.
- Make a well in the centre of dry ingredients and add liquid mixture. Gently fold to combine.
- In a large shallow frypan lightly greased with cooking spray, cook 1/4 of mixture at a time until bubbling, flip and cook other side. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve drizzled with maple syrup and fresh fruit.
- Enjoy :)